Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Phase 2 Set back

Saturday night Blake had a hard time sleeping. He kept tossing and turning. Come Sunday morning, I was dying to hear what he was dreaming about. Oh no, my friends, he wasn't dreaming. He was thinking about Phase 2 of the wall. As I said before, with the help of our dear friends, we stacked and stacked and stacked 50 pound blocks. In this whole process, Blake miss calculated one little spot, so he informed me there would be a gap in the wall. This was the cause of his sleepless night.
Sure enough, come Monday we tested it out and there was an EVER SO SLIGHT gap in the wall. The solution: move 2 walls worth of block, which is 40 blocks, which is 2000 pounds OR just let the small gap be. No one would really notice anyway. My choice: Let it Be. Blake's choice: and I quote "It has to be perfect." It truly would bug him the rest of the time we lived here if it wasn't perfect, so moving 2000 pounds worth of block we did. Well, mostly Blake. I was tending to our crying baby and talking to my dear friend Kelly.
Moral of the story, let your husband take all the time he needs to calculate, measure and perfect his wall, it will save you 2000 pounds and an hour worth of work.

5 comments:

Kelly A. said...

Oh, I can totally picture Blake saying that and then re-doing it all so that it really was perfect. :) Thanks for the chat last night! I LOVED talking to you!!

alan barnett said...

Sounds like Blake ... it reminds me
of somebody else we know...

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Well, at least he got it fixed. It would've irritated him every time he looked at it. It's worth the extra work to get it right, I suppose.

Lindsey said...

You didn't metion that adventure last night! Blake - look at the bright side - You got your strength training for the day in!

Steffydd said...

That's hilarous - I agree with Blake, why not have it done perfect so you enjoy all the time and money you put into it?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed