Friday, January 21, 2011

Picky Eater

You would think with a face like this.. or this...
That our little boy would eat anything we set in front of him. Well, he does love to eat, but he is way too picky for Blake or I. Braden used to eat anything and everything. Brody is much more cautious. He loves anything strained (baby food veggies and fruit), but refuses to eat them whole. Example: He will go down on a whole thing of strained baby carrots, but won't touch cooked carrots that I've cut into small chunks. I don't know what to do, especially since milk is not his main source of nutrition anymore.
We have made the switch to cow's milk and he loves it. We still feed him that in a bottle, but we make him drink water and juices out of his sippy. He loves that too. I need help ladies, how do I get him to eat more things? He can't live on oatmeal, yogurt, baby food (I'm sick of buying it), bread and eggs all day.
I am open to any suggestions, so please start suggesting.

5 comments:

Monica said...

isn't it weird how they go through those phases? just when you think you can't make them eat ___________ one more time, they get over it and move on to something new! becca always loved lasagna all mashed up, and also rice and beans. good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just keep offering it, I guess! Every child is so different.

Unknown said...

I have heard that it is best to expose them to certain foods several times before determining they don't like it. For example, when Owen was a baby he hated applesauce, but now he loves it. Just keep trying. Have you ever seen those Gerber sides, like sweet potato mixed with chunky carrots? It is the perfect in between food, in between baby food and table food. I used to mix baby food in Owen's yogurt...also at that age he loved mashed up sweet potatoes, blended up banana, easy Mac, spaghetti o's, crackers..

Jess said...

Cute boy! Yeah, just keep offering, and use a wide variety. What about mostly mashed cooked carrots? I'm all about offering table foods instead of having to buy baby food. He'll get used to it if it's the only alternative. Does he like little round peas, raisins, soft noodles, mashed potatoes, cheese chunks? He'll get there :) You're awesome!

Brent and Mallory said...

Start buy liquefying everything and then make it more and more chunky as the days go by! It sounds like work but it will probably help. It would probably take a couple weeks to get him there!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed