Sunday, October 2, 2011

Quotes

After many months of excitement, we are down to some boring times and it's nice. No pictures to post, but here are some funny things we've been hearing this week from Braden.

I went on a run while Blake came home for lunch. After the run I was hot and sweaty and said, "Let me tell you, it's hot out there."
Braden: Ok, tell me.
Me: Tell you what?
Braden: Tell me it's hot out there.
Me: Oh, it's hot out there.
Braden: That's what I thought.

I do Zoo-phonics (post to come) with Braden every afternoon. My mom sent him the Zoo-phonics animals to go along with it. There is a U Umbry Umbrella Bird. She sent a toucan. I said, "Let Braden, it's Umbry." He says,  "No mom, he has a beak and he's a toucan." As a matter of fact, he is correct, it's just a normal little bird in the picture. Still, he refuses to imagine that's it's Umbry.

Driving in the car I told Braden something and he responded with "Amen brother."

We were headed out on a walk and he told Blake to Vamanos.

His new favorite phrase: I don't know, Idaho. (I have no clue where this comes from.)


Looking at a picture of my cousin Kara and I, he asks: Who's this?
Me: This is Aunt Kara and mom when we were your age. 3 years old.
Braden:  (Looking at the joining picture): And that?
Me: That's Aunt Kara and mom when we were teenagers, like Aunt Kalen.
Braden (really contemplating and then with joy): So, you were a little boy and then you turned into a girl.
Me: No, I have always been a girl.
Braden: Oh, so you're that one. (pointing to Kara with the cute little pigtails.)
Me: No, I am the one with no hair. Yes Braden, I didn't have any hair when I was little. But I was still a girl.


Blake obviously getting frustrated because Braden isn't playing Candy Land correctly: I guess we are playing by Braden's rules.
Braden: My rules are more fun.


And tonight. Braden is trying to get Blake to carry him up to bed because he's sleepy. I say: Blake, you better hurry or he's going to die. Braden: I'm not going to die, I will just be grumpy.

Alright, this is all we can think of. He is constantly saying stuff all the time. If we can think of anything, there might be another post. Brody is speaking a lot more and this makes us happy. It's about time. He's been very slow with his speech, which has had me concerned, but these past 2 weeks he's really started spitting it out. He told Blake the other night that "I gonna get you." It was cute.

5 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Hilarious...I can't wait until Lydia talks and says funny things :)

Anonymous said...

Those are funny. Doesn't it just get you when they come up with this stuff? And I'm relieved to hear about Brody's language. Matthew seems so close to speaking, but he really just isn't there yet. I have hope...

eric and cheryl said...

Oh course he gets this advanced speaking ability and sense of humor from me! Hope you still enjoy his logic and his debating skills when he turns 13.

Mom

Brent and Mallory said...

Mom and I loved this post so much that we discussed it while at IKEA!

Andrea said...

hahahahaha! What a character Braden is! This made me laugh out loud :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed